Mankind and technology had reached milestones after milestones as we progress. The age of robotics and automation have become possible when in the past they were believed to be just a figment of one’s imagination which we call science fiction.
Automation and robots work and act almost like humans. We are getting closer to the robots of tomorrow, where we enable these robots to think like humans.
We give robots the ability to think for themselves without impacting our actions to them as well as our flaws and biases. These robots – an inherently non-living thing can now think like a human beings. Just like us humans, they can learn from their surroundings and act base on experience. We call them intelligent bots where machines are programmed with artificial intelligence (AI).
Companies, most specifically manufacturing industries, leverage the use of these automatons. This automation can be a simple task down to its complex task that there is no room for even minimal errors. For companies, automation is:
- Creating all processes efficiently
- Minimise redundant tasks and leaving other decision-making and other tasks that cannot be done by robots
- Cost operation reduction
- Manual errors are minimized
A software solution that bundles its automation will help empower organisations with the advancement of technology. The Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is currently being acknowledged.
What is RPA?
Well, according to IoT Agenda, it is the use of software with AI and machine learning (ML) capabilities that can handle any high-volume and repetitive tasks that often need humans to perform.
Organisations can leverage tools that are efficient and quick-to-deploy with RPA in order to be more efficient and smarter towards their processes, which can impact the company’s profits and revenue.
Big manufacturing industries have slowly shifted to the RPA to help transform their processes and become efficient. They will greatly benefit in this area especially when it comes to the replacement of manual labour and refining faster and more accurate processes. These systems are very useful because they emulate human behaviour that automates monotonous and repetitive tasks.
Recently, however, there are other industries that are taking the technology and use it to their advantage. In fact, it brings a huge change when it comes to having a more efficient process.
RPA vs Traditional Automation
There is a fine line that differentiates the two types of automation in contrast to what we believed it to be.
- It can make a machine do any work and any method of operation.
- This type of automation still has applications that are better off with technology.
- It provides a big benefit especially when you want to move a chunk of data between systems.
- It can outsmart an RPA based on the UI.
Robotic Process Automation:
- This is another form of automation that is on the front-end of the system carrying out the tasks without moving anything in the backend.
- RPA bots work at the UI level and interact with systems similar to how humans would.
- This is system-agnostic that can work across application types.
- This enables businesses to take action fast mimicking the role of an agent.
- Very scalable and easily integrates with existing systems.
- Implementation is prompt compared to traditional automation systems.
How can you determine which type of automation is ideal for your organisation? RPA is considered in most cases, is seen as a precursor to a full automation system.
RPA brings a more personalised experience that is required to automate a process that is sometimes complicated and needs access to a host of other applications. RPA is also ideal in scenario-based tasks.
There is no way for traditional automation to be phased out so easily.