Workflow automation refers to the use of technology utilising rule-based logic to automate manual work. This is achieved by designing, executing, and automating processes based on predefined business rules where the data, documents, information, and human tasks are routed between people and systems.
The automation of processes traditionally handled by workers yields substantial benefits with respect to the efficiency, productivity, accuracy, and accountability of said processes. Indeed, Mckinsey and Co. affirm that at least one-third of business processes can be at least partially automated – freeing up valuable time of company employees to focus on value-adding activities to increase their productivity.
Criteria for deciding when to use workflow automation include the following:
- When tasks become repetitive.
- When the tasks need to be accurate with no room for human error.
- Achieve efficiency in a series of simple tasks.
- When employees need to focus on other non-automated tasks.
Benefits of integrating workflow automation in an organisation’s processes:
- Saves costs due to increasing in productivity
- Visibility especially when workflow mapping is being implemented creating transparency in the automation process.
- Communication within the organisation is improved.
- Be able to provide a better customer service experience for the customers.
- Have the potential to increase customer engagement.
- Eliminates redundant processes.
- Overall product improvement.
- Better tracking of the digital workflow.
There are more advantages in implementing workflow automation in an organisation.
Overall, workflow automation creates easy and more streamlined processes in an organisation as well as being able to help identify other areas of processes that can still be automated for a more efficient system.
With a talented group of employees, Akiko takes pride in helping its customers examine what processes can be automated. We achieve this through carefully analysing which business functions can and will benefit most from technological assistance.
Akiko helps its partners save crucial resources by selecting the imaging devices and software that best match the workflow needs of its customers. Workflow automation solutions at Akiko help eliminate tedious employee tasks across marketing, finance, human resources, and legal department’s by providing a digital document scanning solution. Through translating your documents into a storable digital file that can be uploaded to the cloud and linked to various databases, Akiko can help increase your business’s internal efficiency.